Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock a password protected Apple Watch 6 series

Need to hard factory reset the pass code for my new Apple Watch bought on Amazon

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 1:12 AM

Return it to Amazon;

The person that you bought/got this watch from needs to follow all the steps on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and mark it down as a bad experience.

Neither the users on this forum or Apple can help you,only the original owner can help you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 1:12 AM in response to Jeromejared4

Return it to Amazon;

The person that you bought/got this watch from needs to follow all the steps on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and mark it down as a bad experience.

Neither the users on this forum or Apple can help you,only the original owner can help you.

Jul 23, 2022 6:26 PM in response to Jeromejared4

I believe this is what you are looking for but keep in mind that if this is locked from the previous owner and they have find my watch enabled you will most likely need them to remove it from their Apple ID to use it. Apple does this to prevent theft

How to reset your Apple Watch if you forgot your passcode

1. Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
  3. Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
  4. Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
  5. Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.

Unlock a password protected Apple Watch 6 series

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.