Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sleep timer for apple news+ audio stories?

I like the audio stories that are available for Apple News+ and I often go back and forth between them and podcasts.

I really appreciate having a sleep timer available in the podcast app.

Does anyone know if there is a way to access a sleep timer in the Apple News App or do stories just play endlessly if I don’t take action?

I was told that I can use a regular timer in the Clock app and select the “Stop Playing” option instead of a ring tone. I tried this and it doesn’t seem to work.

Any work arounds or solutions would be appreciated.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 11:33 PM

This may help you...

Change your wind down period and activities

You can schedule your Sleep Focus to begin before bedtime with Wind Down. If you relax before sleep by using iPhone for activities like reading or listening to music, you can select shortcuts to these activities from the Sleep Focus screen.

1. Tap Browse at the bottom right, then tap Sleep.
  2. Scroll down to Your Schedule, tap Full Schedule & Options, then do one of the following:
    • Change when to turn on your Sleep Focus before your scheduled bedtime: Tap Wind Down, then select a number of minutes or hours.
    • Add or remove an activity for winding down: Tap Wind Down Shortcuts, then tap Add Another Shortcut or .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 11:33 PM in response to Beniam

This may help you...

Change your wind down period and activities

You can schedule your Sleep Focus to begin before bedtime with Wind Down. If you relax before sleep by using iPhone for activities like reading or listening to music, you can select shortcuts to these activities from the Sleep Focus screen.

1. Tap Browse at the bottom right, then tap Sleep.
  2. Scroll down to Your Schedule, tap Full Schedule & Options, then do one of the following:
    • Change when to turn on your Sleep Focus before your scheduled bedtime: Tap Wind Down, then select a number of minutes or hours.
    • Add or remove an activity for winding down: Tap Wind Down Shortcuts, then tap Add Another Shortcut or .

sleep timer for apple news+ audio stories?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.