Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should I do if my iPhone gets wet?

iPhone 11 dropped in 3 feet salt water . Less than 2 minutes.

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:11 AM

1. If a liquid other than water splashes on your iPhone, rinse the affected area with tap water.
  2. Wipe your iPhone off with a soft, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.

Make sure that your iPhone is dry before opening the SIM tray.

To dry your iPhone, tap it gently against your hand with the Lightning connector facing down to remove excess liquid. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow. Placing your iPhone in front of a fan blowing cool air directly into the Lightning connector might help the drying process.

Don't dry your iPhone using an external heat source or insert a foreign object, such as a cotton swab or a paper towel, into the Lightning connector.

Your iPhone can warn you if there's liquid in the Lightning port when you connect a Lightning cable or an accessory to your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later. Learn what to do if you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone.

See this link for further reference

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 4:11 AM in response to Grandz

1. If a liquid other than water splashes on your iPhone, rinse the affected area with tap water.
  2. Wipe your iPhone off with a soft, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.

Make sure that your iPhone is dry before opening the SIM tray.

To dry your iPhone, tap it gently against your hand with the Lightning connector facing down to remove excess liquid. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow. Placing your iPhone in front of a fan blowing cool air directly into the Lightning connector might help the drying process.

Don't dry your iPhone using an external heat source or insert a foreign object, such as a cotton swab or a paper towel, into the Lightning connector.

Your iPhone can warn you if there's liquid in the Lightning port when you connect a Lightning cable or an accessory to your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later. Learn what to do if you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone.

See this link for further reference

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.