Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DOUBLE CLICK ON PHOTOS DOES NOT OPEN PICTURE

DOUBLE CLICK ON PHOTOS DOES NOT OPEN the full PICTURE. It used to do it in the past but with all the Apple updates it does not happen for most pictures in library, by month year or date

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 9:32 AM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

If that doesn't fix the problem a workaround might be one click and then tap the Space bar. Actually I use the keyboard most of the time to peruse photos in my library. Once one is selected the Space bar opens it fully, the Esc key closes it and the Forware/Backward arrow keys move me forward or backward as desired.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 9:32 AM in response to bgstock

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

If that doesn't fix the problem a workaround might be one click and then tap the Space bar. Actually I use the keyboard most of the time to peruse photos in my library. Once one is selected the Space bar opens it fully, the Esc key closes it and the Forware/Backward arrow keys move me forward or backward as desired.

DOUBLE CLICK ON PHOTOS DOES NOT OPEN PICTURE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.