Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview Markups invisible in Pages

Hi, I've been putting arrows and text along with circles into a PDF view preview. However when I copy/paste, import or insert no matter the method, the markups are not visible. Seemingly the only way I've been able to get them to show up is if I export the PDF view preview. The problem is the quality loss is so great the exported PDF is blurry. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 9:55 AM

Annotations in an unflattened PDF are not visible when you drop that PDF onto Pages, nor can one select, copy, and paste annotations that reside above the original PDF text content between Preview and Pages. Only the original PDF document layer can be selected, copied/pasted into Pages.

However, if you annotate a single-page PDF and then flatten it (e.g. Print > PDF > Save as PDF), the annotation layer is merged with the document layer, and that PDF can be dropped into Pages with the annotations present, as is shown below.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 9:55 AM in response to PetoraiGun

Annotations in an unflattened PDF are not visible when you drop that PDF onto Pages, nor can one select, copy, and paste annotations that reside above the original PDF text content between Preview and Pages. Only the original PDF document layer can be selected, copied/pasted into Pages.

However, if you annotate a single-page PDF and then flatten it (e.g. Print > PDF > Save as PDF), the annotation layer is merged with the document layer, and that PDF can be dropped into Pages with the annotations present, as is shown below.

Preview Markups invisible in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.