Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the same Apple ID on two devices. One device is my wife’s device. If signs in under a new ID does she loose all her data? Contacts, texts, pictures, etc?

My wife and share the same Apple ID on her IPhone and ipad. If she sign in as her own ID, does she loose her text, pictures, contacts?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:27 PM

Not necessarily…

When signing-out from iCloud, you will offered the opportunity to keep a local copy of your data (e.g., Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Keychain Passwords etc.). If you wish to keep this data, accept the data that you wish to keep available. If this opportunity is declined, this data will be wiped from your iPad as you sign-out from iCloud.

After signing out, a restart of the iPad is recommended:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

After restarting, you can sign-in to a different AppleID account from iPad settings. Any iCloud data that you saved to your iPad, during the previous sign-out, will be merged with your new AppleID account. You should note that once merged, there is no “undo” option. If reversal is required, the merged data must be manually deleted, entry by entry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 3:27 PM in response to vacation bum

Not necessarily…

When signing-out from iCloud, you will offered the opportunity to keep a local copy of your data (e.g., Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Keychain Passwords etc.). If you wish to keep this data, accept the data that you wish to keep available. If this opportunity is declined, this data will be wiped from your iPad as you sign-out from iCloud.

After signing out, a restart of the iPad is recommended:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

After restarting, you can sign-in to a different AppleID account from iPad settings. Any iCloud data that you saved to your iPad, during the previous sign-out, will be merged with your new AppleID account. You should note that once merged, there is no “undo” option. If reversal is required, the merged data must be manually deleted, entry by entry.

I have the same Apple ID on two devices. One device is my wife’s device. If signs in under a new ID does she loose all her data? Contacts, texts, pictures, etc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.