Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact printing

Can I view & print my contacts using a backup (without restoring)?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 12:46 PM

It sounds as if you have contacts being managed by more that one account. If it is one of your email accounts, check that in settings about getting a vcard file of those contacts and then you can add that file to your iCloud contacts. Check Settings>Contacts and see what your default account is for Contacts to be sure.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 12:46 PM in response to Snnyl

It sounds as if you have contacts being managed by more that one account. If it is one of your email accounts, check that in settings about getting a vcard file of those contacts and then you can add that file to your iCloud contacts. Check Settings>Contacts and see what your default account is for Contacts to be sure.

Jul 24, 2022 12:15 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have over 600 contacts but only about 100 show up on iCloud and some of those aren’t current. I’d to have them all on iCloud account but not sure how to go about making that happen. I was going to try turning contacts off & on again to see if it would then populate but I chickened out when asked to keep on phone or not for fear of losing them all. I appreciate your quick reply and information unfortunately, I don’t think that’s going to work for me, at least not yet.

Jul 24, 2022 3:36 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have five email accounts. How do I tell each one to make vCard files of the contacts in each one? Do I then add them to the iCloud email or iCloud contacts and when I end up with duplicates in my contacts (as opposed to creating a link)?

If I were to make iCloud the default email account, turn off iCloud contact syncing (& should I keep them on device or not) and then turn it back on, will it automatically make all of my contacts revert to iCloud?

Contact printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.