Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery backup got less after ios 15.6 update

My phone is giving avg backup of 5 hrs on ios 15.5 but after updating it to 15.6 i got only 3:30 hrs screen time on full battery Please Help

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 12:32 AM

Memejojo73 wrote:

my photos app runs in background for 14 hours of the day now, no way to stop. THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING

Use Background App Refresh

If you want suspended apps to check for new content, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn on Background App Refresh. If you quit an app from the app switcher, it might not be able to run or check for new content before you open it again.

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 12:32 AM in response to Memejojo73

Memejojo73 wrote:

my photos app runs in background for 14 hours of the day now, no way to stop. THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING

Use Background App Refresh

If you want suspended apps to check for new content, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn on Background App Refresh. If you quit an app from the app switcher, it might not be able to run or check for new content before you open it again.

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Aug 1, 2022 8:52 AM in response to feliperj

feliperj wrote:

That is not the question. I have not replaced it yet.
The question is: "If I replace my battery and the drain continues, will Apple refund me?"

Maybe, maybe not. It would depend on 1) who replaced the battery in the first place (see my previous answer) and 2) what they determined was the cause of the problem. Also, of course, your phone would still need to be covered by warranty.

Aug 1, 2022 9:00 AM in response to feliperj

No one here can speak for Apple or say what they may or may not do. We are users.....just like you.

My opinion......I would not expect Apple to refund anything unless the performance of the new battery falls below Apple's parameters for battery performance......and not your expectations. In other words, Apple is calling the shots.....not you.

Aug 1, 2022 9:46 AM in response to feliperj

feliperj wrote:

Ok, look, I see a kind of a battle here.
On one side there are users level 1 (less than 50 points) saying that their batteries were ruined.
On the other side there are users level 7 (more then 20.000 points) saying that its not Apple's fault.
I quit, this conversation will go nowhere.

No one has said whose "fault" anything is. I have expressed no opinions on what may or may not be wrong with your battery. What we are saying is that only Apple can tell you what Apple will do. It doesn't matter if I think Apple should replace every battery for every person who requests it and for free. It only matters what Apple decides they are willing to do for you in your specific case. And the only way you can find that out is by asking Apple.

Battery backup got less after ios 15.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.