Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music [iTunes]: clicks and pops in music playback on new Mac Studio

Hello, All.

I have a new Mac Studio Max, feeding a Focusrite audio interface and studio monitors. I have had no issues playing tv, or videos with audio, but i just started playing old music files on my hard drives via Apple Music, and i get clicks and 'pops' during playback.

Secondly—i migrated my system from an old iMac, but i find i have none of my old playlists or music in Music and i really, really don't want to have to recreate a hundred playlists. How can i import them from my old iMac?

OS Monterey 12.3.1

Apple M1 Max

32GB RAM

Music: v 1.2.3.56

Mac Studio

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 11:36 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 24, 2022 2:11 PM in response to derek stanton

iTunes won't play on a new iMac. You'l be using Music for songs and videos and the Books app for audio and digital books.

You iTunes library should have been backed up with Time Machine unless its library was located on an external HD that was not being backed up. When launching Music the first time you can let it find the library itself or hold down the Option key when launching Music and locate the library yourself:

Music [iTunes]: clicks and pops in music playback on new Mac Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.