Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally wiped my mac from findmy on iphone

I accidentally wiped my mac with no backup can i recover it?

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:45 PM

If your device was offline when wiping it, you can

If you erase a device that’s offline and find it before it comes online again, you can cancel the erase request.

1. In the Find My app  on your Mac, click Devices.
  2. In the Devices list, select the device whose erase you want to cancel, then click the Info button  on the map.
  3. Click Cancel Erase, enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password, then press Return.

If it was online, you're out of luck. Always make backups to prevent such eventualities

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 3:45 PM in response to heinrich36

If your device was offline when wiping it, you can

If you erase a device that’s offline and find it before it comes online again, you can cancel the erase request.

1. In the Find My app  on your Mac, click Devices.
  2. In the Devices list, select the device whose erase you want to cancel, then click the Info button  on the map.
  3. Click Cancel Erase, enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password, then press Return.

If it was online, you're out of luck. Always make backups to prevent such eventualities

Accidentally wiped my mac from findmy on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.