Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ALL downloads from Apple TV streaming app to iPad Pro EXTREMELY slow … hours

I’ve already…

Restarted iPad Po.

ios fully updated.

Apple tv app updated

100mb+ speed test

Every other app (prime, Netflix, etc) downloads shows/movies fast, in minutes.

Why does Apple TV take hours to download shows to its own type (newest iPad Pro) of device?

This is nothing new.

It happens every single time and has been this way forever.

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation)

iOS 15.5

Thanks.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:10 PM

100mb+ speed test

Is that measured on that same iPad, while in the exact same location as trying the downloads?

If you are using a VPN with a foreign address, then you may not connect to the closest/fastest servers. VPN use is not effective with Apple services.

Where are you located? Big city US will be different from rural Venezuela.

This is nothing new. It happens every single time and has been this way forever.

It is plenty fast with my not-so-special connection (67 Mbps test download out of 75 Mbps bandwidth available at my current location). If it is not the device and not the servers, then it is the home network, or Wi-Fi vs. cellular, or the ISP, or some unusual network routing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 4:10 PM in response to PazBuffalo

100mb+ speed test

Is that measured on that same iPad, while in the exact same location as trying the downloads?

If you are using a VPN with a foreign address, then you may not connect to the closest/fastest servers. VPN use is not effective with Apple services.

Where are you located? Big city US will be different from rural Venezuela.

This is nothing new. It happens every single time and has been this way forever.

It is plenty fast with my not-so-special connection (67 Mbps test download out of 75 Mbps bandwidth available at my current location). If it is not the device and not the servers, then it is the home network, or Wi-Fi vs. cellular, or the ISP, or some unusual network routing.

ALL downloads from Apple TV streaming app to iPad Pro EXTREMELY slow … hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.