Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installing photoshop elements 11

I recently purchased Photoshop Elements 11. I signed into my Adobe account and tried to download and install it on my MacBook Air. Although it seems to download (there's a downloaded .dmg file in Finder/see screenshot below), after that there's nothing, no prompts, no info about installing, etc.

I'm minimally computer-literate, and would appreciate any suggestions or assistance.

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 2:20 PM

Thank you for the information. I was advised by Adobe that "PSE 11 is too old and no longer available and supported with Mac OS Monterey and Secondly PSE 11 servers have been shut down." Perhaps this was the reason that there were no suggestions or prompts (install program?, etc.).

Anyway, I wasn't able to install the program, but Adobe is allowing me to install Photoshop Elements 2022 instead.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 2:20 PM in response to ku4hx

Thank you for the information. I was advised by Adobe that "PSE 11 is too old and no longer available and supported with Mac OS Monterey and Secondly PSE 11 servers have been shut down." Perhaps this was the reason that there were no suggestions or prompts (install program?, etc.).

Anyway, I wasn't able to install the program, but Adobe is allowing me to install Photoshop Elements 2022 instead.

Jul 25, 2022 10:13 AM in response to amishboy51

For future reference, downloads are just that ... downloaded files. You can have your Mac set to automatically open downloaded files, but I dislike that since I prefer more direct control of what I get from the internet. Your setup seems to be like mine.

With that in mind, downloaded files will, by design, just sit there. The user must determine what to do with the file: run an installation, use a template, print it or whatever is appropriate for the file type you've downloaded.

Jul 25, 2022 2:13 PM in response to woodmeister50

Thank you, but I think I wasn't very clear. I did double-click on the .dmg file in Finder, which resulted in the screenshot above. As you suggested, there was a readme file that I was able to right-click and open.

However, I was subsequently advised by Adobe that the Photoshop Elements 11 couldn't be used, but I'd be able to use Photoshop Elements 2022 instead.

Thanks for the information and help.

installing photoshop elements 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.