Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased movies on Apple TV+

I have purchased movies via Apple TV on my laptop. How do I watch them on my TV with the Apple TV+ app installed?

OLED55C1PUB,

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:43 PM

There is a difference between the Apple TV app on some smart TVs and the Apple TV+ app on some other smart TVs. The former allows access to purchased movies via the Library tab. The latter is more limited, and has only Apple TV+ content. I think one of these would be available to users, depending on device model.

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 3:43 PM in response to Marc Etchells

There is a difference between the Apple TV app on some smart TVs and the Apple TV+ app on some other smart TVs. The former allows access to purchased movies via the Library tab. The latter is more limited, and has only Apple TV+ content. I think one of these would be available to users, depending on device model.

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

Purchased movies on Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.