Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop someone from tracking my phone

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 7:22 PM

Ewatomilola2106 Said:

"How to stop someone from tracking my phone"

-------

Troubleshooting the Tracking of an iPhone:

Why do you suspect this is occurring? With a subpoena, it may be occurring.

Restore your iPhone:

If you are so concerned, then restore from a backup or reset your iPhone to factory settings. Important: Back Up First: Be sure create a back up your iPhone prior to performing an update, that way you have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong afterwards. 

A. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

or...

B. Resetting to Factory Settings:

Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 7:22 PM in response to Ewatomilola2106

Ewatomilola2106 Said:

"How to stop someone from tracking my phone"

-------

Troubleshooting the Tracking of an iPhone:

Why do you suspect this is occurring? With a subpoena, it may be occurring.

Restore your iPhone:

If you are so concerned, then restore from a backup or reset your iPhone to factory settings. Important: Back Up First: Be sure create a back up your iPhone prior to performing an update, that way you have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong afterwards. 

A. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

or...

B. Resetting to Factory Settings:

Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.