Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on Authenticate User. Please help

When trying to set up my new IPhone 12, I am not able to get past the “Authenticate User” screen because the number keypad won’t go away after I enter the zip code and last 4 of my social. Since the keypad won’t go away, I can’t get to the CONTINUE button.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 8:33 PM

Sheribaby71 Said:

"Stuck on Authenticate User. Please help: When trying to set up my new IPhone 12, I am not able to get past the “Authenticate User” screen because the number keypad won’t go away after I enter the zip code and last 4 of my social. Since the keypad won’t go away, I can’t get to the CONTINUE button."

-------

Troubleshooting "Authenticate User" Page:

Contact Apple Support:

You might get locked out, if you try incorrectly too many times. So, contact Apple Support, asking them for assistance with this. You may have to take it in for a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. But, see what Appel Support can do for you over-the-phone.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 8:33 PM in response to Sheribaby71

Sheribaby71 Said:

"Stuck on Authenticate User. Please help: When trying to set up my new IPhone 12, I am not able to get past the “Authenticate User” screen because the number keypad won’t go away after I enter the zip code and last 4 of my social. Since the keypad won’t go away, I can’t get to the CONTINUE button."

-------

Troubleshooting "Authenticate User" Page:

Contact Apple Support:

You might get locked out, if you try incorrectly too many times. So, contact Apple Support, asking them for assistance with this. You may have to take it in for a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. But, see what Appel Support can do for you over-the-phone.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.

Jul 25, 2022 2:43 PM in response to Sheribaby71

This is a horrible UI bug, but I found a workaround after spending about 3 hours dealing with this problem. Select the numbers in either your SSN or ZIP. Go to "translate" or another menu option like that (e.g. "Look up"). The keypad will be replaced with the appropriate interface. With one finger, slowly drag down on the interface, while having a finger (I used my right hand to drag down and my left hand for this) hovering just over where the "continue" button should be. After the "translate" menu is dragged down, you have a handful of milliseconds to click "continue" before the menacing keypad reappears. It took me about 10 tries. Hope this helps (and that this obvious bug is fixed ASAP)!

Stuck on Authenticate User. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.