You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voiceover won't work in Final Cut Pro - I have enabled full disk and microphone access and mic is working everywhere else - HELP

Voiceover won't work on Final Cut Pro X - I have an external Hard Drive for the library and I have enabled Full Disk access and microphone access for Final Cut. I still can't do voiceovers, all mic settings are correct and working in other apps - HELP I have searched all the forums and no solutions

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 9:41 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Jul 25, 2022 6:52 AM in response to Rugbyhilly

I remember once someone mentioning that although the right input was selected, changing that input also at the system level helped. I am not seeing this on my mac, but it is worth a try.

Also, if you haven't already, deleting preferences can solve all sorts of glitches, so whenever the application misbehaves, it is one of the things to try.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Voiceover won't work in Final Cut Pro - I have enabled full disk and microphone access and mic is working everywhere else - HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.