Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong time zone

My ipone 11pro automatically switches to the wrong time zone in Gran Canaria iland and the time zone is switched one hour forward to madrid. (Different time zone)

my phone automatically connects to the oygo provider. When i change manually to orange or movistar, the time and zone ar correct.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 7:07 AM

I found the problem online an hour ago. In the Canary Islands, we are automatically connected to the Yoio provider which ganges your location to Madrid (1 hour time difference).

when manually connecting to movistar or orange, the location changes to Canary Islands and the problem is solved

3 replies

Jul 25, 2022 7:08 AM in response to philvdl

When your phone is set to “automatic” it gets the time and time zone from your carrier. There isn’t much you can do if the carrier is reporting wrong information. What is probably happening is oygo doesn’t have a local Gran Canaria connection to the Internet; instead it’s mobile switch is probably located in Madrid, so that’s the time it thinks is right.

Wrong time zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.