Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share iCloud Photos in families

Hi everyone

For several years I have been frustrated that my wife cannot log in to my iCloud Photos, so that we have the same photo library available on our phones.

The topic is also discussed here: https://9to5mac.com/2021/08/31/icloud-photo-family-sharing/amp/

Do you know if Apple is planning to make this feature possible?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 8:21 AM

In the forthcoming macOS Ventura and iOS 16 you will be able to share iCloud photos.

The details are yet to come, but Apple has a preview page for iOS 16 - iOS 16 Preview - and on the preview page for the new Mac system macOS Ventura Preview you will find this description:

iCloud Shared Photo Library

Share photos and videos seamlessly with up to five other people, so everyone can collaborate on the family’s collection and enjoy more complete memories. With iCloud Shared Photo Library, family memories are in one place for everyone to enjoy at any time, even if you’re not the one who snapped the shot or edited the photo.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 8:21 AM in response to skastrup

In the forthcoming macOS Ventura and iOS 16 you will be able to share iCloud photos.

The details are yet to come, but Apple has a preview page for iOS 16 - iOS 16 Preview - and on the preview page for the new Mac system macOS Ventura Preview you will find this description:

iCloud Shared Photo Library

Share photos and videos seamlessly with up to five other people, so everyone can collaborate on the family’s collection and enjoy more complete memories. With iCloud Shared Photo Library, family memories are in one place for everyone to enjoy at any time, even if you’re not the one who snapped the shot or edited the photo.

How to share iCloud Photos in families

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.