Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod doesn’t Sync with Services

Maybe this is just me and how I setup my Homepod, I want to make sure.

If I play something on my Homepod, off Apple Podcasts or Music, it doesn’t sync with the rest of my devices or cloud, and it’s annoying.

I’ll play a podcast directly from the Homepod. Not air-playing. But on the app for the service, the podcast was never played.

It’s my biggest con of the device. Because it throws off my “Up Next” or Music listens by starting from the beginning.

Sometimes the podcast or playlist will just restart or forget what’s up next and stop.

If the device was strictly for Airplay, it’s ability to play stuff without a connection to the phone is weird because it’s not sending that play data back.

is anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 4:07 PM

Sounds like expected behaviour. HomePods aren't devices like iPads and iPhones, that can keep podcasts up-to-date on all devices.

Similar questions

1 reply

Homepod doesn’t Sync with Services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.