Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14inch Screen Protector

Is it worthy for me to use a screen protector on a New MacBook Pro 14inch 2021???

I spent 23USD last week on a screen protector just to avoid scratches on my expensive MacBook Pro but when the screen protector arrived, it just disappointed me because dust could still accumulate between the original screen and screen protector. That could risk my MacBook’s screen. What do you think folks, should I try another screen protector or just use my MacBook with it.

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 9:52 AM

You should not use a keyboard protector on a Mac, for the very same reason you should not use a screen protector. Or, if you insist on using a keyboard protector, remove it each and every time before you close the screen.

Just clean the keys once in a while with a microfiber cloth which is slightly dampened and stop worrying about bubble wrapping it in order to use it. It's more durable than you give it credit for.

Read this --> How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 9:52 AM in response to Kjong1

You should not use a keyboard protector on a Mac, for the very same reason you should not use a screen protector. Or, if you insist on using a keyboard protector, remove it each and every time before you close the screen.

Just clean the keys once in a while with a microfiber cloth which is slightly dampened and stop worrying about bubble wrapping it in order to use it. It's more durable than you give it credit for.

Read this --> How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Jul 25, 2022 10:35 AM in response to Kjong1

I fully agree with lobsterghost1, as a screen protector or keyboard cover can be catastrophic for your Mac's screen. You may want to read this - How To Protect Your MacBook (And How Not To) - Apple Community

If you have issues with drink spillage, you can still use a keyboard protector- just be sure to remove it before you close it. You may want to invest in spill-proof lids, too.

Jul 25, 2022 9:30 AM in response to Kjong1

While I'm a big proponent of screen protectors on devices like iPhone and iPad, which are touch devices, I would NOT put a screen protector on a Mac. For one, the screen is not a touch interface device. You look at it. You don't touch it. And two, the tolerance between the screen and keyboard is infinitely small. Depending on the thickness of the protector, it could put undue pressure on the screen when the screen is closed on the keyboard, creating the opportunity for more harm than good.

Jul 25, 2022 9:41 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Wow, that’s true but the keyboard protector actually leaves marks on my screen when leave my MacBook closed for a long time and it’s even worse if dust accumulate on the keyboard protector which increases the pressure and even leaves clear marks on the screen. That’s why the idea of the screen protector spark my mind.

MacBook Pro 14inch Screen Protector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.