Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“FosIPCCoreManager” ?

Each time there is a macOS update/upgrade this file comes up as UNKOWN origin; and, Window states, "cannot rule-out free of Malware" at a end of Update/Upgrade. I will include ScreenShot of what is on screen at end of update Big Sur 15.6.8 perforemed on 07/25/22.

I have several Foascam security cameras and believe it to be associated with an old plug-in for viewing and performing changes in settings within Safari; but, would like verification.

Anyone here have this come up before or familar with this file? It also show one instance in CrashReporter in < Library/Application Support/CrashReporter >

Thank you for any info, Seth

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 3:37 AM

Good choice FAF and perhaps doing this from a Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

This would insure the Elements of the offending Applications would not load making it easier to remove.

As a Final Step to insure just how clean the OS is another Application and per below instructions. If you choose the Post the Full Report we can have a look and see for possible further assistance.

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from an ASC Contributor ( Not me ). And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 3:37 AM in response to Seth77

Good choice FAF and perhaps doing this from a Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

This would insure the Elements of the offending Applications would not load making it easier to remove.

As a Final Step to insure just how clean the OS is another Application and per below instructions. If you choose the Post the Full Report we can have a look and see for possible further assistance.

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from an ASC Contributor ( Not me ). And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Jul 27, 2022 3:20 AM in response to PRP_53

I also deleted a few third-party apps like free memory and battery health and a couple other apps I did not recognize:

free chat, Internet security and antivirus app, memory diagnostic app, and disk map app. I’m wondering if I should use Find Any File To check for any orphan files connected with these, as I made screenshots of what app cleaner was deleting. Free chat had at least 20 different files associated with it. Find Any File, I suspect, there are probably a whole lot more left behind… Seth

Jul 27, 2022 12:00 PM in response to PRP_53

yes, familiar with and used Etrecheck, but did not know safe mode would perform those functions. That is good info to know. Only the Mac Book Air is demonstrating the problem with the pop-up window every few seconds, which resolved with a reinstall in recovery mode. I’ll do a full erase on the pro, but would like the Air up and running smoothly. My wife used for a few years until she made it into this country in 2016. After here she’s happy with her iPhone and iPad.

I have both a 2013 Mac book pro and Mac Book Air and I am sending the MacBook Pro to someone going to university to medical school in another country, Dominican Republic, and doing a donation as I have not used either for several years. They are both last upgraded with Catalina, and only the MacBook Air wants to upgrade to Big Sur. I fear a loss of performance and it only has 4 GB of memory whereas the Pro has 8 GB’s, and twice the SSD, 256 GB, but it’s not eligible. Thought the pro would be a better option, and seems to run and operate more smoothly than the MacBook Air. It’s still acting as if it has a few problems. Will do the Etrecheck and upload here after I get a current photo library from one of my iMac’s working, if that’s possible. One is stuck at High Sierra, and the other Big Sur. Big Sur library will not work with the photo app from Catalina, but seems to be updating the library that was on the older High Sierra iMac. Yes, just finished and all appears to be in order with of 34,153 Photos, but 15 photos short of what on the iMac’s. Best, Seth

“FosIPCCoreManager” ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.