Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Driver for Canon printer TS3420

I'm unable to install my Canon printer TS3420 on my Macbook ... OS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

I think I need a driver, but it's not a preloaded option on my MacBook.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 2:30 PM

Hi,

You should not need drivers with this Canon TS3420 listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

The following guide from Canon Europe (for similar models) could possibly be of some interest as well.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, the AirPrint capabilities can be tested with an iPhone or iPad.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If there is a problem with AirPrint, and if all settings are correct, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 2:30 PM in response to gdiddy789

Hi,

You should not need drivers with this Canon TS3420 listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

The following guide from Canon Europe (for similar models) could possibly be of some interest as well.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, the AirPrint capabilities can be tested with an iPhone or iPad.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If there is a problem with AirPrint, and if all settings are correct, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Driver for Canon printer TS3420

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.