Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV shows AirPods Pro connected but it still uses the TV speaker

Can somebody please tell me how to fix this apart from turning the TV off for 5 mins then turning it back on or is it the only fix that Apple wants us to do? It’s been 6 months or more since I first experienced such a bug and still it is present. Or is this a hardware or software issue? Ive tried to reset my connection and repaired with the airpods, still did not work.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 10:12 AM

Bluetooth speakers, including headphones, are temporarily assigned audio output. You will have to select to use them each time that you want to use them. Turning off the TV shouldn’t be needed, though. Just set the checkmark in Control Center.

If it continuous to work differently for you, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 10:12 AM in response to Annoining

Bluetooth speakers, including headphones, are temporarily assigned audio output. You will have to select to use them each time that you want to use them. Turning off the TV shouldn’t be needed, though. Just set the checkmark in Control Center.

If it continuous to work differently for you, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Jul 27, 2022 2:11 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I tried to select and reselect to connect to the AirPods loads of times, it connects and the pairing sound is there. But whenever you play a film, play music, etc. the sounds would project from the TV.

This bug has been happening to me for months. And I am tired of turning off the tv for 5-10mins + to fix the problem. I might have to contact C/S which is a bummer. Thank you for your help!

Apple TV shows AirPods Pro connected but it still uses the TV speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.