Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some lost contacts

I've just noticed I have lost some of my contacts, yet I dial the number manually and it recognises the name of the contact. how do I restore as I can't remember every number?!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 8:04 AM

Hello,

I recommend to restore your contacts using these steps.

Check out these steps on how to perform the task and see if that matches up with the steps you performed earlier in restoring your contacts:

1. On iCloud.com, go to Account Settings, then click Restore Contacts in the Advanced section.
  2. Available versions are listed by the date and time they were archived.
  3. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
  4. There may be more versions than can be displayed. Scroll to see them all.
  5. Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your contacts before you change them. During the restore process, any changes you make aren’t saved.

For additional information, check out this link on how to restore your contacts: Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Hope this help you

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 8:04 AM in response to NUFC1976

Hello,

I recommend to restore your contacts using these steps.

Check out these steps on how to perform the task and see if that matches up with the steps you performed earlier in restoring your contacts:

1. On iCloud.com, go to Account Settings, then click Restore Contacts in the Advanced section.
  2. Available versions are listed by the date and time they were archived.
  3. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
  4. There may be more versions than can be displayed. Scroll to see them all.
  5. Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your contacts before you change them. During the restore process, any changes you make aren’t saved.

For additional information, check out this link on how to restore your contacts: Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Hope this help you

Some lost contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.