Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers: how do I find a table?

I've made a spreadsheet with different tables and as I'm new to Numbers I must have done something wrong, because I've been fiddling around with tables in a sheet and now every time I want to make a new one with a certain name, I can't because the name already exists. But I don't see it anywhere. Is there a way to search for table titles?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:09 AM

Click on the little triangle on the sheet tab. All the tables will be listed. Click on the one you want and it will go to that table.

4 replies

Jul 26, 2022 7:06 AM in response to TimdeVogel

They are supposed to move out of each other's way when you add new columns/cells to a table (so they will never overlap) but if you overlap two tables at all, that stops and you could easily cover one table with another. Usually it is pretty obvious when there are two tables on top of each other unless the two tables are exactly lined up and the bottom table is empty. It sounds like that's what you ahd going on.

Numbers: how do I find a table?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.