Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weird text messages being sent to my contacts that I did not send

My contacts are getting weird text messages from me that I did not send

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:53 AM

Smart Phones neither have the intelligence nor has the hostility. Hence we need to look at our device settings and the way we synchronise our smart phones with Mac/PC/iCloud and also how careful are we in sharing our sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 6:53 AM in response to Jake3124

Smart Phones neither have the intelligence nor has the hostility. Hence we need to look at our device settings and the way we synchronise our smart phones with Mac/PC/iCloud and also how careful are we in sharing our sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods

weird text messages being sent to my contacts that I did not send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.