Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery airpod pro

My airpod pros are consistently dying with plenty of battery left. I charged them all night with the case plugged in and 20 minutes into my commute they died, but still showed battery left

this has happened several times over the last couple months and I’ve reset them multiple times with no luck

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:35 AM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2022 11:11 AM in response to Ts_1995

Hey there Ts_1995,

To help with battery life on your AirPods, make sure you have the latest iOS version installed on your paired iPhone.

To update, go to Settings > General > Software Update.

If you're using the latest iOS, try resetting your AirPods to test if that helps with your battery life. To reset, follow these steps:

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Open the lid of your charging case.
4. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods. (If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth, just go to the next step.)
5. Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.
6. With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light flashes amber, then white.*
AirPods charging cases
7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Should the behavior persist with your battery, Contact Apple Support for additional help.

Take care!

battery airpod pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.