Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

carplay cuts out when I leave or arrive home

When I am leaving my condo complex, or arriving (even on the main street just outside) the audio cuts out if I am listening to a podcast through pocketcasts. If I hit the siri button on my steering wheel, and say nothing when siri gives up and goes away the auto starts again. If I am streaming music on Spotify a similar thing happens except the playback doesn't stop (pause), it goes to just coming out of the front speakers as if I was operating siri on the louder speakers.

I assumed this had something to do with an automation or shortcut tied to my location, but I have not quite determined which item or what I should be changing or doing without to stop this from happening.

I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, I'm wired into my 2021 Subaru Forester, I've used multiple cables. I do have a focus set up to smart activate, and to activate while I'm at home.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 12:58 AM

Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

1 reply

carplay cuts out when I leave or arrive home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.