Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black/Color lines going down the middle of my screen | Macbook Pro

I just recently bought a brand new Macbook Pro (16"). I purchased it maybe 4 months ago, and have been very delicate with it. Today all of a sudden, I saw one thin line down the center of my screen and it would blink in multiple colors. Now, there is a larger black line, along with a number of thin colorful lines. I have no idea what has happened, but this is a brand new computer, and I have not been overworking it, and been very delicate with it. I've tried shutting it down and restarting it multiple times (alongside resetting with pressing Cmd-Opt-p-r). It's not set as split screens, either. I am so confused.

Here's a pictures below for you to see:

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 10:45 AM

Chances are there is either an issue with the display, the GPU, or the Mac's logic board. If you haven't already, try resetting your notebook's SMC. You can also run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any issues show up. If neither resolve the issue, the next step would be to make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Alternately, you can contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

Ref:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 10:45 AM in response to brinnanwmartin

Chances are there is either an issue with the display, the GPU, or the Mac's logic board. If you haven't already, try resetting your notebook's SMC. You can also run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any issues show up. If neither resolve the issue, the next step would be to make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Alternately, you can contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

Ref:

Jul 26, 2022 10:42 AM in response to brinnanwmartin

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

Black/Color lines going down the middle of my screen | Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.