Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble charging iPad

So, lately, whenever I try to charge my iPad, it says either "Not Charging" or just shows the battery percentage as if there wasn't even a charger plugged into it. I'm using the charger and block that came with the iPad so I don't know what to do! I have also tried using Low Power Mode. When the battery charges it charges slowly, like 1% per 3 minutes. Do I get a battery replacement? Or do I get a new charger?

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 2:13 PM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2022 3:14 PM in response to grape224

the first thing id do is test the charging brick on a different device it doesnt have to be an apple device. if the secondary device doesnt charge then the charging brick is the issue. if i does then id recommend testing the cable with the same charging brick if you have another device compatible with the cable. if the other device charges then the charging set up isnt the issue and you probably have an ipad thats malfunctioned. id recommend taking it to the apple store and have them take a look at it. if you have apple care they will more then likely replace it for you if the problem isnt repairable. if you dont have apple care im not sure if they charge for a replacement or not but they will still look at it for you

Trouble charging iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.