Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro screen dims and brightens at will.

My new 13Pro screen dims & brightens at will. I have been to the store & the tech made sure the settings are correct. He turned off "True Tone" & said that should fix it. Sadly it didn't. EVERYTHING that can cause this is toggled off.

Advice?

Ideas?

Thank you!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:00 PM

Just in case “everything” isn’t EVERYTHING, does EVERYTHING include:

• Settings/Accessibility/Display & Text Size/Auto-Brightness
  • Settings/Face ID & Passcode - turn OFF Attention Aware Features
  • Settings/Display & Brightness/Autolock - The screen will dim a few seconds before the lock times out, as a warning
  • Temperature - If the phone is in a hot environment such as a car dashboard or elsewhere in direct sunlight if the phone gets too hot the screen will dim in an attempt to cool it off before the phone shuts down due to exceeding its operating temperature, because the screen is a major source of internal heat.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 6:00 PM in response to jeri1208

Just in case “everything” isn’t EVERYTHING, does EVERYTHING include:

• Settings/Accessibility/Display & Text Size/Auto-Brightness
  • Settings/Face ID & Passcode - turn OFF Attention Aware Features
  • Settings/Display & Brightness/Autolock - The screen will dim a few seconds before the lock times out, as a warning
  • Temperature - If the phone is in a hot environment such as a car dashboard or elsewhere in direct sunlight if the phone gets too hot the screen will dim in an attempt to cool it off before the phone shuts down due to exceeding its operating temperature, because the screen is a major source of internal heat.

Jul 27, 2022 9:38 AM in response to jeri1208

jeri1208 wrote:

I guess you can tell I'm not a nerd Lawrence. I imagined that the one I asked for help at the Verizon store knew what he was doing.

Ah, a sad tale there. Several years ago Verizon fired all of the tech support staff at their stores, and replaced them with minimally trained sales people. One of the regulars in this forum was a 20 year tech support manager in Verizon’s retail division. The best place to go for support is an Apple store, followed by Best Buy, the only other iPhone Apple Authorized Service Provider for iPhones on the US.

iPhone 13 Pro screen dims and brightens at will.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.