Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do I need SIM card to use iTunes?

I need iTunes specifically to install an update because I can't use cellular services (SIM card is not working), but when I connect my iPhone to my PC with iTunes, it tells me to check if my SIM card is placed correctly (it does not work). please help.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2022 2:34 PM in response to sohaib25

Hello sohaib25,

It sounds as though you're seeing Invalid SIM or No SIM in place of the signal bars on your iPhone. If so, you'll want to complete the steps listed below. These steps can also be found in the following article.

1. "Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier. 
  2. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  3. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  4. Remove your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
  5. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card."

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad

If the alert remains after those steps, you'll want to reach out to Apple next. Their contact details can be found via the link below.

Contact - Official Apple Support

If you're seeing an issue where the iPhone shows No Service or Searching, the following article outlines the troubleshooting steps specific to resolving this issue.

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

Take care!

do I need SIM card to use iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.