Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weak Security ⚠️WPA/WPA2(TRIP)

How do I fix this WIFI(WLAN) weak security problem since the network service providers say it’s not a problem but worries my privacy from being linked since Apple warns me about the weak security wifi connection.

Qn1. Does the weak security wifi connection leave me exposed?

Qn2. How can I fix the weak security ⚠️ on my iPhone or Mac to stay secure?

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 6:16 AM

Kjong1 wrote:

yes, I own the wifi, but not sure if the wifi service providers can have access to my privacy because of the weak security ⚠️

Your internet provider has access to all sorts of information, regardless of your WiFi security. They know how long you're online, and probably what sites you visit. If they're also your email provider, well, you get the picture. So does your cellular phone company. They don't have access to what's on your hard drive.

The real concern is what other people might be able to access from your network traffic. And yes, this matters even if it's your own WiFi. If the network is yours, you have control over the security settings. Make your network more secure.

See here:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 6:16 AM in response to Kjong1

Kjong1 wrote:

yes, I own the wifi, but not sure if the wifi service providers can have access to my privacy because of the weak security ⚠️

Your internet provider has access to all sorts of information, regardless of your WiFi security. They know how long you're online, and probably what sites you visit. If they're also your email provider, well, you get the picture. So does your cellular phone company. They don't have access to what's on your hard drive.

The real concern is what other people might be able to access from your network traffic. And yes, this matters even if it's your own WiFi. If the network is yours, you have control over the security settings. Make your network more secure.

See here:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Weak Security ⚠️WPA/WPA2(TRIP)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.