Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have system service on my device and how do I remove it

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 11:52 PM

If you are referring to the System Storage then...

If the above does not resolve the issue then...

I would ignore that because this system data will make room when you need more space on your iPhone. These are some cache and temporary files that will be erased by the system whenever you try to save more files.

You may --> Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)

Tap on System Data it will take you to "Other System Data"

Now the question is what is the "Other System Data" storage. Read on...

• Other System Data: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

About cached files in "Other System Data"

Finder and iTunes categorize cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos. Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your device so you can quickly access it again.

Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

If storage on your device differs from what you see in Finder or iTunes

Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.

If you want to delete the cached files from your device

Your device automatically deletes cached files and temporary files when it needs more space. You don't need to delete them yourself.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 11:52 PM in response to bad69

If you are referring to the System Storage then...

If the above does not resolve the issue then...

I would ignore that because this system data will make room when you need more space on your iPhone. These are some cache and temporary files that will be erased by the system whenever you try to save more files.

You may --> Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)

Tap on System Data it will take you to "Other System Data"

Now the question is what is the "Other System Data" storage. Read on...

• Other System Data: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

About cached files in "Other System Data"

Finder and iTunes categorize cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos. Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your device so you can quickly access it again.

Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

If storage on your device differs from what you see in Finder or iTunes

Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.

If you want to delete the cached files from your device

Your device automatically deletes cached files and temporary files when it needs more space. You don't need to delete them yourself.

Jul 26, 2022 11:53 PM in response to bad69

bad69 Said:

"Why do I have system service on my device and how do I remove it"

-------

Troubleshooting System Device:

A. System Service Pertains to Apps:

Disable System Service for all your apps, and this should go away.

1. Go Here: Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: View how much data you're using
  3. As it Reads: "To see the cellular data usage for individual System Services, go to Settings > Cellular or Settings > Mobile Data. Then tap System Services, in the list under Cellular Data. Cellular data can't be turned on or off for individual System Services."

No success?

B. Restoring your iPhone to Factory Settings:

Plug this into your Mac, or PC and perform this restoration through iTunes. Update iTunes to the most recent version before performing this.

Go Here: Restore your iPhone Factory Settings - Apple Support

Jul 26, 2022 11:52 PM in response to bad69

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you
  3. If you want to turn on SSL trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate. Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM). --> Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS and iPadOS ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.