Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdropping to MacBook Pro doesn’t work.

When I try to airdrop something from my iPhone XS Max to my 2015 MacBook Pro, it doesn’t work.

It works the other way around though.

I have “receive from everyone” enabled for both devices.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 9:49 PM

Make sure the OS on both devices are completely up to date.

Reboot both devices.

Try booting the laptop into Safe Mode which will prevent third party software from launching automatically at boot & login. If this works, then you have some third party software installed which is interfering with the normal operation of macOS. Typical culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, and third party security software...none of which are needed on a Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 9:49 PM in response to Soundtech1

Make sure the OS on both devices are completely up to date.

Reboot both devices.

Try booting the laptop into Safe Mode which will prevent third party software from launching automatically at boot & login. If this works, then you have some third party software installed which is interfering with the normal operation of macOS. Typical culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, and third party security software...none of which are needed on a Mac.

Airdropping to MacBook Pro doesn’t work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.