Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The apple store will not let me download apps

Hey, I have been trying to download apps and update them but it is always asking for billing information and I do not have any so it won’t let me download are update any free app

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 8:39 AM

You need a valid and verified payment method to access the App Store and iTunes Store services including downloading free apps and updating apps.

If for some reason your payment method stopped being verified, usually because a charge was unable to be completed, or you never added one to the Apple ID after creating it, then you will need to add a new one or verify an existing one so any pending charge can be complete successfully.

Once the payment method is successfully verified, and you do not have any ongoing subscriptions, you can remove it and it should not ask for it again, unless a future charge cannot successfully complete again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 8:39 AM in response to Messedupiphone2-0

You need a valid and verified payment method to access the App Store and iTunes Store services including downloading free apps and updating apps.

If for some reason your payment method stopped being verified, usually because a charge was unable to be completed, or you never added one to the Apple ID after creating it, then you will need to add a new one or verify an existing one so any pending charge can be complete successfully.

Once the payment method is successfully verified, and you do not have any ongoing subscriptions, you can remove it and it should not ask for it again, unless a future charge cannot successfully complete again.

The apple store will not let me download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.