Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing MacMail

I have an iMac desktop computer using Gmail and the MacMail app. I would like to buy a MacBook Air and have the option to all my work on either computer. All of my files will fit on Google Drive so files should not be a problem. Now I store email in folders on my desktop computer. How can I have these email folders accessible to both computers each running the MacMail app?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 2:03 PM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2022 2:10 PM in response to Bob3940

What is "MacMail"? Or do you mean the Mail app that's included with your computer? If you so and if you log into the same internet accounts on your new computer as your old one, you should see the same folders. With Gmail, you can, of course, always access your mail through a browser which means the email folders will always be the same.

Use your internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support

I use Gmail, Google Drive and iCloud and, since the beginning of the pandemic have been switching between my home Mac and my work Windows computers with no problems.

Sharing MacMail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.