Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv keeps switching stereo

whenever I use Disney+ or Netflix on my Apple TV and I watch something then want to watch something else on top of my tv it keeps switching from dolby digital 3840x2160p

too 3840x2160p

and another thing it randomly closes for 5 seconds and re opens

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 9:25 AM

Dolby has audio and video format specifications. Please verify for messages about Dolby Vision HDR video versus Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Resolution doesn’t have much to do with audio, they’re largely independent if you don’t hit HDMI bandwidth constraints.

If you have set your Apple TV to SDR and activated Match Dynamic Range, then the video signal will switch between SDR and HDR based on the content, for the intended viewing quality. That switch may take a moment for your TV to process. Higher end TVs will adapt faster.

What is your audio setup? If you have two speakers (left and right), then stereo is optimal.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 9:25 AM in response to What_560

Dolby has audio and video format specifications. Please verify for messages about Dolby Vision HDR video versus Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Resolution doesn’t have much to do with audio, they’re largely independent if you don’t hit HDMI bandwidth constraints.

If you have set your Apple TV to SDR and activated Match Dynamic Range, then the video signal will switch between SDR and HDR based on the content, for the intended viewing quality. That switch may take a moment for your TV to process. Higher end TVs will adapt faster.

What is your audio setup? If you have two speakers (left and right), then stereo is optimal.

apple tv keeps switching stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.