Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone STOPS charging after a few minutes

Apparently, whoever was responsible for answering this question originally didn't quite comprehend the question. I have the same question which is: After plugging my iPhone in to charge/synch with my iMac, the charge icon is charging but stops after a few minutes.

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 6:31 AM

I don't see that you've asked this question before so can't comment on what other people did or did not understand.

A couple of things to check:

• Do you have Optimized Charging enabled? And, if so, what's the charged percentage when you plug in the phone?
  • Does this happen when you use an adapter and plug the phone into the wall?
  • Have you checked your charging port to make sure there is no pocket lint or other debris wedged in there?
  • Have you tried a different cable?
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 6:31 AM in response to gymlock

I don't see that you've asked this question before so can't comment on what other people did or did not understand.

A couple of things to check:

• Do you have Optimized Charging enabled? And, if so, what's the charged percentage when you plug in the phone?
  • Does this happen when you use an adapter and plug the phone into the wall?
  • Have you checked your charging port to make sure there is no pocket lint or other debris wedged in there?
  • Have you tried a different cable?

iPhone STOPS charging after a few minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.