Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad onscreen keyboard glitch

It does this every time I try to type on app how do I fix this I’ve restarted my iPad but it didn’t work

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 2:52 AM

Touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key at bottom-right of the on-screen keyboard; without lifting your finger from the screen, slide your finger to the [Merge &] Dock option - then release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 2:52 AM in response to Ihavemanyquestions21

Touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key at bottom-right of the on-screen keyboard; without lifting your finger from the screen, slide your finger to the [Merge &] Dock option - then release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Jul 27, 2022 10:15 PM in response to Ihavemanyquestions21

Ihavemanyquestions21 Said:

"iPad onscreen keyboard glitch: It does this every time I try to type on app how do I fix this I’ve restarted my iPad but it didn’t work"

-------

Thank for for the screenshot.

Reinstall Apps:

Is this on all apps? Or just on particular apps? If only particular apps, then save what need be, and then reinstall the apps.

iPad onscreen keyboard glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.