Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase all content and settings

I have an iPhone 6S Plus obtained from Verizon many years ago. It’s unlocked now. I’ve switched to another carrier without any issues except in “Settings” there are still some footprints of Verizon.

If I erase all content and settings will this absolutely remove all footprints of Verizon? I’ve not found a definitively “clear” answer to this question yet.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 6:06 AM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2022 6:30 AM in response to jeromyk

May have answered my question but I’m not sure This screen shot from Settings-Cellular-Carrier Services still lists Verizon contact numbers I am with another carrier without issue using my phone I’m trying to rid this phone of “any” references to Verizon but it may not be possible since this phone was built for Verizon

Jul 28, 2022 6:18 AM in response to Gary_J_Y

Hello Gary_J_Y,

I don't know which footprints of Verizon you are speaking of. Resetting it will remove everything software related and return it back to a fresh installation of iOS.

However, your phone is only going to work with a CDMA or GSM carrier. This is due to the hardware your phone was built with (ie: the cellular antenna array). Resetting the device will not change that.

If your phone was built for the Verizon network, it will stay that way.

Jul 28, 2022 6:46 AM in response to Gary_J_Y

Hello Gary_J_Y,

It is likely that Verizon information is loaded because of a previous SIM card and active cellular plan. Resetting *should* remove those references, especially if you're using a different carrier. But truthfully, I don't know for certain, due to whatever carrier you're using now and if they are piggy backing off Verizons network.

CDMA was not specific to Verizon, Sprint used to use this as well.

GSM was used by ATT/TMobile.

Erase all content and settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.