Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 8 Apple Watch malfunction after swim in lake

After setting/completing activity for a “pool swim” my watch suddenly went rogue on me. I turned the dial to end the activity and release water and the activity remained locked in pool swim. Then I tried to power off and instead it initiated a 911 call to the local sheriffs office. Any attempt to end the call failed. I tried placing on charger to resolve and initially that worked, but within 5 mins it randomly called 911 again. Put back on charger and now just blinks the Apple icon intermittently. Not even a reset to factory settings is possible. Help!

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 7:05 AM

6 replies

Aug 30, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Tkpauc

same. (well, not the 911 call, but my screen flickers in and out and will go dark completely). I have been advised to put it on the charger and leave it on as the heat helps to dry it out by the senior Apple employee I talked to.

Here's the thing with everyone saying it is not waterproof it is water resistant so it is totally my fault for going swimming with it (just don't....). On the promotional materials, the watch has the brag of being "swim proof". It has an option to track your swimming exercise (in pool and in open water). There IS a footnote (attached, but on the website it is waaaaaaaay down in the bottom no where near the initial swimproof claim in the fine print saying that it is water resistant (as opposed to proof, which is super misleading by the features brag), but that it may be used for swimming in pool or ocean, but should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below 50 meters.

[Edited by Moderator]

Series 8 Apple Watch malfunction after swim in lake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.