Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storage

i bought more storage but it still says i have no storage available in my photos app. i have 5/200 GB used. How do i update this?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 9:54 AM

It sounds as if you may be confused about the difference between device storage and iCloud Storage. See here:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

It's also important to understand that you can't "upload" your photos to iCloud and delete them from your phone in order to free up storage on your phone. iCloud is a syncing service. When you delete the photos from your phone, they are also deleted from iCloud. However, you can optimize how they are stored on your phone.

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

You should also review this article:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have an excessive amount of "Other" taking up space on your phone, you may need to back up your phone then restore it from the back up, preferably using your computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 9:54 AM in response to kiley250

It sounds as if you may be confused about the difference between device storage and iCloud Storage. See here:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

It's also important to understand that you can't "upload" your photos to iCloud and delete them from your phone in order to free up storage on your phone. iCloud is a syncing service. When you delete the photos from your phone, they are also deleted from iCloud. However, you can optimize how they are stored on your phone.

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

You should also review this article:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have an excessive amount of "Other" taking up space on your phone, you may need to back up your phone then restore it from the back up, preferably using your computer.

storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.