Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Unknown Part: Unable to determine if your iPhone display is a genuine Apple part.”

why can’t I do my messages

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 1:09 AM

Hi! Im a tech guy who works on devices (Not affiliated with apple) and this error screen happens if the iPhone cannot confirm if the part is genuine. Now I would always recommend going through an apple authorized repair center, or though apple themselves, as they hold each other to high standards and can get brand new OEM parts.

Unfortunately, all you can do, assuming this screen was replaced, is to contact the repair center you went to about this. I know this is not the best answer, but I want to be 100% honest about what's going on with this error

You can read more about this below

About genuine iPhone displays - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 1:09 AM in response to kaylyn21

Hi! Im a tech guy who works on devices (Not affiliated with apple) and this error screen happens if the iPhone cannot confirm if the part is genuine. Now I would always recommend going through an apple authorized repair center, or though apple themselves, as they hold each other to high standards and can get brand new OEM parts.

Unfortunately, all you can do, assuming this screen was replaced, is to contact the repair center you went to about this. I know this is not the best answer, but I want to be 100% honest about what's going on with this error

You can read more about this below

About genuine iPhone displays - Apple Support

“Unknown Part: Unable to determine if your iPhone display is a genuine Apple part.”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.