Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 13 promax has been stolen and its offline, how can I locate my phone??

How to locate a stolen iphone13 Promax?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 11:46 PM

sobia240 Said:

"My iphone 13 promax has been stolen and its offline, how can I locate my phone??: How to locate a stolen iphone13 Promax?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Stolen iPhone:

Six tactics to try here...

• Use Find MyNote that Find My, can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, if it is not enabled, then that is not an option. Note that it will show up in the latest location is was seen, when connected to  WiFi or a Cellular network.

• Dial it: See if it is heard ring

• Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.

• Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.

• Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.

• Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a Coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed asside.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 11:46 PM in response to sobia240

sobia240 Said:

"My iphone 13 promax has been stolen and its offline, how can I locate my phone??: How to locate a stolen iphone13 Promax?"

-------

Six tactics to try here...

• Use Find MyNote that Find My, can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, if it is not enabled, then that is not an option. Note that it will show up in the latest location is was seen, when connected to  WiFi or a Cellular network.

• Dial it: See if it is heard ring

• Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.

• Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.

• Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.

• Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a Coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed asside.

Jul 28, 2022 11:47 PM in response to sobia240

sobia240 Said:

-------

Secure your Info:

Concerned for device access, (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account:

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Jul 28, 2022 11:48 PM in response to sobia240

You will probably never see it again.

Look at this Apple article and my additional advice below it:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support (UK)

Tracking lost or stolen phones

The 'Find My' tracking is to help you discover if you left your phone in the office or the restaurant. Lost or Stolen phones are rarely ever seen again.

Risk mitigation

Get your provider to 

Cancel your SIM.

Send you a replacement SIM on same number.

You can then put the SIM in another iPhone to get the codes you will need.

Phishing warning

Its possible for a thief to obtain your phone number particularly if you did not have a PIN set on the SIM.  So do not respond to texts to sign into your account! They are NOT from Apple. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Resign to the fact that if you had a passcode set and you do not provide your Apple ID via phishing texts then your data is safe but you may never see the phone again.

My iphone 13 promax has been stolen and its offline, how can I locate my phone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.