Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unplugged headphones from iPad and now the sound isn't working.

I used a reg headphones and then unplugged them now my sounds ar not working without them. Any suggestions?..

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:50 PM

There could be dust or dirt inside the iPad headphone hole, so even though you removed the headphones, the iPad still thinks the headphones are connected.

(assuming that your iPad has a headphone jack, of course,) try gently cleaning the hole with a clean/new toothbrush to loosen or remove any dust or dirt or lint that can get stuck in there. I had to do this with my iPod once, because i would keep my iPod in my pocket & lint would get into the headphone & charging ports.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 11:50 PM in response to jeniece128

There could be dust or dirt inside the iPad headphone hole, so even though you removed the headphones, the iPad still thinks the headphones are connected.

(assuming that your iPad has a headphone jack, of course,) try gently cleaning the hole with a clean/new toothbrush to loosen or remove any dust or dirt or lint that can get stuck in there. I had to do this with my iPod once, because i would keep my iPod in my pocket & lint would get into the headphone & charging ports.

Unplugged headphones from iPad and now the sound isn't working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.