You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refund of Duolingo yearly fee

I haven’t received any notification from Duolingo when free of charge 2 weeks is over but it was automaically credited from my account. I don’t want to subscribe to paid period, is it possible to ask for refund? If yes, when? I can’t choose this item from transaction list :(

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 12:02 PM

When you download a trial app, you don't get a notice that the trial is over and you will be charged. If you don't properly cancel the trial subscription the day before the trial period is over, by virtue of downloading the app, you have authorized payment for the paid subscription.

Properly cancel the paid subscription -

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Ask Apple Support for a refund -

1-800-MY-APPLE

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.6; HomePods, audioOS 15.5.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2022 12:02 PM in response to noemi0804

When you download a trial app, you don't get a notice that the trial is over and you will be charged. If you don't properly cancel the trial subscription the day before the trial period is over, by virtue of downloading the app, you have authorized payment for the paid subscription.

Properly cancel the paid subscription -

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Ask Apple Support for a refund -

1-800-MY-APPLE

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.6; HomePods, audioOS 15.5.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Refund of Duolingo yearly fee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.