Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to verify my payment method

For whatever reason I’m unable to download even free games from the App Store How do I verify a payment method and why would I have to do this to play free games

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:19 PM

You need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Check which payment method you have on file 

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

To verify your payment information:

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 11:19 PM in response to Noel5460

You need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Check which payment method you have on file 

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

To verify your payment information:

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

Jul 29, 2022 11:32 PM in response to Noel5460

Noel5460 Said:

"How to verify my payment method: For whatever reason I’m unable to download even free games from the App Store How do I verify a payment method and why would I have to do this to play free games"

-------

For thought...

Purchases and Parental Controls:

If this is a partial-controlled device, then ask the parents to allow for this. See the link provided atop this post. :) Use Parental Controls On your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to verify my payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.