Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update iPhone 6 Plus to ios 13 or 14

This problem I want to solve, I did not receive any update after the 12.5.5 update and I cannot download any application I want

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 10:17 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2022 10:32 PM in response to atheer8

atheer8 Said:

"How to update iPhone 6 Plus to ios 13 or 14: This problem I want to solve, I did not receive any update after the 12.5.5 update and I cannot download any application I want"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

iOS Update Restrictions:

You can't, for your model. But, even if you could, updating an iPhone would only be restricted to the latest version of iOS (iOS15.6, as of this reply).

For future reference...

Updating an iPhone:

Determining if an Update will Install:

How to do so...

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS13 and/or iOS14 and/or iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

How to update iPhone 6 Plus to ios 13 or 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.