Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup my iPhone 6s Plus on my MacBook Pro?

I am unable to backup my iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 15.5 on my MacBook Pro.which runs MacOS 11.6.6. I downloaded the software update mentioned in the apple support article - HT208831. I now get the message "... not enough free space is available on this Mac". This is incorrect, since I have about 443 GB on my Mac, and the iPhone is 128 GB. I did not have any problem with backups, till I upgraded to Big Sur. Is there a workaround? Thank you.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:42 PM

Yajurveda Said:

"How do I backup my iPhone 6s Plus on my MacBook Pro?: [...]I now get the message "... not enough free space is available on this Mac". This is incorrect, since I have about 443 GB on my Mac, and the iPhone is 128 GB. I did not have any problem with backups, till I upgraded to Big Sur. Is there a workaround? Thank you."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone and Mac Storage Inconsistencies:

Try installing an update. See this link: If you see "Software Update is Required to Connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 11:42 PM in response to Yajurveda

Yajurveda Said:

"How do I backup my iPhone 6s Plus on my MacBook Pro?: [...]I now get the message "... not enough free space is available on this Mac". This is incorrect, since I have about 443 GB on my Mac, and the iPhone is 128 GB. I did not have any problem with backups, till I upgraded to Big Sur. Is there a workaround? Thank you."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone and Mac Storage Inconsistencies:

Try installing an update. See this link: If you see "Software Update is Required to Connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I backup my iPhone 6s Plus on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.